Outsourced General Counsel and CFO Services
- Does your company react to problems rather than avoid them?
- Are you afraid to hire experienced legal counsel because they charge high hourly rates?
- In the past, have your attorneys understood your business?
- Have past attorneys concentrated on your litigation concerns but not become involved in helping you strategically?
Most small and medium sized businesses do not have the sufficient revenue to justify their own in-house general legal counsel team or chief financial officer. Consequently, they often do not get the timely legal advice they need because they are worried about the cost of being charged a high hourly rate to talk with an attorney. Additionally, when they do discuss issues with an attorney, it often takes substantial time and expense in bringing them up to speed on the current state of their business. As a result, legal work is often performed on a crisis basis, reacting to problems, when spending less money on a preventive basis would avoid most of the crises. Furthermore, when crises that do occur they can be managed much more efficiently by an attorney who already understands your business and the issues involved.
Not only are our attorneys experienced in most legal matters a typical company will face, but we also have significant experience in public accounting with firms such as KPMG, Arthur Andersen and Ernst & Young, as well as experience as controllers and CFO’s of public and private companies. Consequently, we can provide the type of oversight of the budgeting, accounting, financial planning, and tax functions of your company that you may be missing.
- Access to highly experienced attorneys for quick responses without worrying about hourly charges;
- Regularly scheduled general counsel and CFO meetings to integrate legal and financial insight into your strategy process and execution, including regular meetings with management and attending meetings of the board of directors;
- Advising your company to prevent unnecessary litigation, minimize costs, and manage risk; and
- Customized billing structures to meet your needs, including reduced hourly rates with minimum monthly fee commitments and fixed fees that enable you to budget properly.
- We keep our overhead low and pass the savings on to you.
- We will work hard to study and understand your business so we can meet your needs.
- We manage all of your legal needs, even if there is a practice area where we must find other experts. While our attorneys cover most legal disciplines, there are certainly cases that experts in a given field must be consulted with and we have a network of contacts in the legal community to help you find the right fit.